Key points of the AppAnnies report:
- Telegram became the leader in MAU;
- YouTube is a leader by spending within the application;
- CapCut, a video editing app from the creators of TikTok, became the leader by downloads.
We also can see that:
- in games, there is a lot of hyper-casual in the tops, but earns mid-core;
- in social apps, the most earnings from a user get TikTok, BigoLive, and Discord;
- in dating, Tinder is still number one, followed by Bumble. Hinge takes 3rd place;
- in video streaming, Disney+ and HBO Max are close to YouTube's results.
Interestingly, Pure is number one in the UK by spending. And the difference between USA and UK is also visible in the video streaming category. For example, Twitch is number one in the UK, unlike Youtube in the USA.
It's also important to note that even if we are always putting youtube and Twitch in one category with Disney+, HBO Max, Roku, or ITV Player, the consumption situation and the audience of these apps are different.
To see the complete analysis visit the AppAnnie website.